Monday, November 19, 2007

The Girl Who Refused To Be Defined!!

The first place where I spotted my book was a small bookstore called Eureka! (ph. no.: 011-26461092) at the Alaknanda local shopping complex (opposite the Don Bosco School). It’s primarily a children’s bookstore, but the collection for grown-ups is one of the most eclectic and interesting I’ve seen anywhere in Delhi. And all the more impressive for being spread over just a few shelves. The owner M. Venkatesh also edits and publishes a magazine for 8-to-13 year olds called Heek. Drop in if you like to read and are passing through the area. It’s between the Pizza Hut outlet and Qureshi’s Chicken and Kabab’s. Venkatesh has sold his first few copies of Jet City Woman, but has ordered more copies, so you should be able to pick up a copy. I’ve left a poster sent to me by the publishers at the bookshop. ‘The girl who refused to be defined, just like the city of Delhi…’ it says. Hopefully it leads to more interest among people.


The first place I saw the poster for my book put up was at The Bookworm (ph. no.: 011-233222260) in Connaught Place, another bookshop with a very nice collection. I was in CP on an errand one morning and stopped by The Bookworm to see if they had the book. They'd received the book the previous evening and were just about to put it on display. The owner pointed out the poster to me, pasted on the glass door. I just wish they had put the poster higher up on the door. I missed it completely when I entered the store. The Bookworm is at B-29 Connaught Place. Here's a photo of the poster, which is basically the book cover illustration with some added text. The photo was taken with a Sony Ericsson K550i phone that has a 2 megapixel camera.



No comments:

Instagram